Hi all. I’ve been recently diagnosed with fibroids. My doc says that those are very common and benign, and that I should not worry about them. But, I do. I just can’t help myself. What is even worse, my doc did not give me anything to help me out – no treatment at all. I heard that pills like cyclessa can help this. Is that true??? Please respond asap… I’m freaking out and don’t know what to do…

I think that your doc is right - fibroids are extremely common, benign tumors of the uterus. As they are benign, there is no medication to “cure” them. Even though fibroids are estrogen sensitive, the small amount of estrogen in most contraceptive pills is enough to “turn off” the body’s natural production of estrogen in the ovaries. The "pill" is useful to reduce cramping and heavy menstrual bleeding and unfortunately many women mistakenly think that if they have fibroids, they can take oral contraception to treat it. While birth control pills may provide some symptom relief, they have no effect on the growth rates of fibroids in either direction. So, I guess that answer is NO - cyclessa can’t help you in this.

I can understant your feeling. Iwent to my doctor to treat my infertility, he told me that Ihave a fibroid. I told him now i dont babies i want to treat the fibroid , he said that i shouldn't be worry but i can't stop being worry

Well Ive been thru hell last few weeks, I recon nw Ive def gt thm.
Told my GP weeks ago that my stomach is massive-constipation
A&E miscarriage-bloating
While the Dr at the GU clinic was v.concerned on both occasions I visited
The other dr dnt giv a sht. So try a clinic.
If its severe like massive fibroids thr is a dr at the Royal free expert at removing them, I read today...

Kp trying girls.
I will update whn I knw mre.

Ps. u can live with small ones but if they're problematic or effecting ur lifestyle/work... u hav the right.
Also if thr is a history of cancer in the family its best to have them removed asap.