Hello all! I am interested in one thing. I have uterine fibroids beneath the uterine lining, they expanded and stretched endometrium, and caused heavy bleeding and pain. I heard about endometrial ablasion. What exactly is it? Can fibroids be treated with this endometrial ablasion ?

Hello to you too! I would rather say that fibroids can be burned down with endometrial ablasion. It is a procedure of burning down uterine lining usually because of heavy bleeding, so if you are not planning any more children, this procedure could be good for you. If you are not done with having children, then you should think of some other options!

I was wondering the same thing- if I have fibroids, do I need them surgically removed and then to have endometrial ablation? or is it an either/or type of thing? Does the ablation also take care of the (submucosal I think it is?) fibroids?

Endometrial ablation will not resolves heavy bleeding issues associated with a submucosal fibroid tumor, because that tumor is inside the uterine wall.

The ablation destroys the endometrium/uterine lining that serves as the place for a fertilized egg to anchor inside the uterus. If no egg is fertilized, the endometrium/uterine lining is shed each month - a woman's period.