Hi. I was found 6 fibroids. Is hysterectomy the only option I have? I am only 25 and I want to have kids one day. Any kind of an answer would be appreciated.

Hi. I have had a hysterectomy done, after myomectomy. The tumors came back and I had no options but to remove my womb. Most hysterectomies are done due to fibroids. However, many cases need no treatment. If your symptoms are minimal, you can try drug therapy, endometrial ablation, uterine artery emobolization, myomectomy and vaginal pessary. If you experience heavy bleeding or pain, hysterectomy may be the only solution.

Hi, I've had fibroids for 8 years now with minimal symptoms. I chose to do nothing but monitor mine over the years. I'm 43 and had my kids before diagnosis. The only major symptoms I've experienced is heavy bleeding between periods and bleeding during sex, which has been quite annoying but tolerable and controlled with the help of birth control pills.
You didn't mention the size of your fibroids??? I was told I have multiple fibroids 4 years ago with two being the size of small oranges and they haven't grown over those four years so I felt no need for surgery.
If you are planning on children one day, hysterectomy is definitely out of the question but not your only option. UFE (uterine fibroid embolization) is not recommended either if you want babies. Not so sure about myomectomy(surgical removal of tumors)
I would definitely consult with your Dr. and find out the size and location of your fibroids to determine the approach you should take.
There are also herbs that are supposed to help shrink them.
I've been taking cassia bark pills for 2 months to shrink them but I haven't been to my Dr. to see if the herbs have aided in shrinking the fibroids yet but they have slowed the bleeding.
I will share that info when I go to the Dr.
Good luck to you and for sure see your Dr. or a Dr. that specializes in fibroids.

I think that Guest's post above me was very helpful and it should be helpful to you hopefully! I know that there are options out there but we do need to know a few details so that we can better have an idea of your situation. DO you have large or small fibroids? I know that not everyone has to get a hysterectomy due to fibroids. If you are concerned about being able to have kids, you also may want to investigate if it is possible to harvest your eggs and use a surrogate instead. In any case, keep us posted.