Hi, my sister is in the 8th week of pregnancy and when she last time visited her gynecologist he told her that he saw fibroid while doing ultrasound to her. She is pretty upset because of this as she read that fibroids may cause serious complication for her and her baby. Doctor told her not to panic and that he will follow the situation but she is so nervous that she is thinking of changing her gynecologist.

Hi, if her gynecologist already told her there is no reason for panic I am sure she can be pretty sure about it. Fibroids usually appear before pregnancy but during it they become visible in routine pelvic exam or ultra sound exam. They do not have cancerous potential and it may cause damage only by its size and pressure on the other parts of uterus. Complications which they may cause are abdominal pain and light vaginal bleeding. Baby is really rarely affected with.