I am preg now for the first time and the doc told me that i have a fibroid.Are fibroids dangerous?I love children.Can women with fibroids become pregnant again and can they have more children in future????????????

Thanxs in advance for the advice.

I am not an expert, but what I do know is that it is definitely possible to get pregnant with fibroids. Many women have them and don't even know about it. It is only when they become symptomatic that we learn we have them, or when we have an ultrasound. About 30% of women develop fibroids at some point. The key is whether it causes you pain or problems, and where it is located. (If it is growing outside of the uterus, in many cases doctors will leave them alone.) Pregnancy sometimes triggers their growth due to hormones/increased blood in the uterus.

I have a uterine fibroid and it caused me vaginal bleeding that would last for three weeks at a time. To answer your question, yes it is possible to have more children. I am currently pregnant with my 6th baby; this is my third since being diagnosed with a intrauterine fibroid.