I have been on the same birth control pill for almost a year now. Me and my bf hit a rough patch so we stopped having sex for 3 months. Now, a little over a week ago, we started being intimate again.

My period is like clockwork since being on the pill. It came on the day it was suppose to. (A week after starting to have sex again) Only it was a very dark brown almost black blood. The first day this happened (tuesday), I became emotional. Had the overwhelming feeling of needing to cry and I did end up crying for no reason at all. This has never happened to me before, I have never been emotional during my cycle.

The second day (wednesday), was still almost black in color again but much lighter than the day before. Now today (thursday), the bleeding stopped altogether. I'm very nervous that I could possibly be pregnant. I am on meds that can harm an unborn and have stopped taking them just in case I am prego. However, I can't be off of them for long.

Is there a possibility that I could be prego? Or is it the recent change in my sexual activity? If there is a possibility, how long would I have to wait to take a cheap home pregnancy test so it would be accurate?

Thanks for the responses!

This isn't medical advice, but I can tell you that brown blood can be associated with endometriosis, and endometriosis changes drastically during pregnancy. Blood tests can tell you whether you are pregnant after just a few days, but First Response won't give you a reading on whether you are pregnant until 6 days before the expected date for your period.

Dark discharge can also be a symptom of Clamydia. Your best bet is to go to the doctors and ask them what they suggest. They are the experts. Perhaps use a female family planning doctor as they will know a lot more about the topic. They may do a pregnancy test, a clamydia test, change your pill, a spectulum examination. Good luck.

For sure I do not have an STD.
I took two pregnancy tests (two weeks apart) and both were negative. I am still some what emotional and my nipples are seeming sensitive. This could just be from stress since I have had high amounts of it lately.