Hello everyone.I am in my early 30's.I just found out last Wednesday that i'm pregnant.I was supposed to get my period that Sunday the 4th.I was 2 or 3 days late and didn't think nothing of it,i thought that my cycle was changing cos it does every two months or so,I either start 4 days late or 4 days early.But the strange thing was that i had been expiriencing weird cravings,so i kinda thought to myself "What if I am pregnant?",but i also thought that i couldn't be because i had been trying to get pregnant for the past 6 months or so and nothing!Anyway,i got curious and went to the store and got a preganacy test for maybe 3 dollars,I took it and it quickly came out positive,I made myself believe that they were misleading results,so i went back for a clearblue easy digital one and to my surprise there it goes again POSITIVE results.After i failed to beleive that i couldn't get pregnant cos I had been trying for months,I went to the emergency room where they drew blood from me and did determine Positive results.It took all that for me to finally beleive it!However,that same day I took all those tests I was also spotting like a light brown discharge,I became very concerned about having a miscarriage.I had a miscarriage a year ago so i'm paranoid about this pregnancy.For a whole week now i've been spotting light to very very dark brown almost to the point where it even looks black sometimes,but not enough to fill up a pantyliner.Well I had sex recently and the very next morning i was bleeding very dark red blood with a mixture of dark brown and what appeared to look like black with blood clot.I'm not heavily bleeding or anything like that,but I am very concerned that I will miscarry again! The flow has calmed down dramtically throughout the day I put on a larger size pad just in case I start to heavy bleed but nothing yet.The funny thing is I'm still having extreme breast tenderness,nausea,and I feel tired all the time no matter how much rest and sleep I get! Also I'm not cramping,Not heavy bleeding,I don't feel weak or faint or any of those other symptoms that one gets during a miscarriage.I'm confused and don't know how to feel,what to think or what to do.And i didn't start bleeding heavy until I had sex recently,it wasn't rough sex or anything like that either.I've had 3 healthy full term pregnancies.I waited 11 years to get pregnant and when I did ,I miscarried last year and now I'm pregnant again and I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen again.Should i be worried?Can someone give me advice of any sorts?

Thanks.

I had the same problem with bleeding and has been in the ER twice because of it. Except I'm bleeding again today and I'm not cramping but I've been feeling very weak for the past two days.

But here's a rundown of what the doctor told me. Bleeding is very normal during the first trimester of the pregnancy and unless you're cramping and the flow fills up more than a pad an hour, you shouldn't worry and just let it resolve itself. But if you notice cramping, that's when you should be concerned about a miscarriage. Regardless, any abnormal bleeding during pregnancy will always be treated as an impending miscarriage.

Also, when you become pregnant, the cervix is softer and there is more blood flow in your body making the cervix more sensitive and it's normal if you bleed after sex. It doesn't have to be rough sex. If you're that concerned, make sure you get a lot of rest and don't put anything into the vagina. No tampons, and no sex. Let your pelvic rest.

thank god! my story is almost exACTLY LIKE THE OTHER 2 FEMALES ! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR THE REASURANCE! ;-)

I had the same thing when I was 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and made an appointment with a midwife to assure that I was not having a miscarriage. The bleeding started 2 hours after I had sex, and I was sure I was losing my baby, that this was my period and as had happened at least 4 times in the past, I was pregnant for 2 weeks but it didn't stick. I even told my boyfriend that I got my period. But then the spotting stopped for a few hours, then I spotted one more time, followed by a day of very light dark brown spotting that was very mucousy and looked like it had clots in it.
I am still pregnant, 8 weeks now, and every time I have sex I have some bleeding. Actually I have had dark brown to black spotting with mucous for over a week but I know I don't have to worry because the blood is not fresh, red, or heavy. I just use pantiliners. My midwife explained that it's my cervix that is bleeding and the baby is fine. She said if it continues to happen that it might mean I have a "friable" cervix. I am going to bring it up at our next appointment and find out what she thinks. She had mentioned that it's possible that my cervix is prolapsed or out of position and Mayan abdominal massage could help. I did some research about it and you can't have Mayan abdominal massage until your 2nd trimester.

I don't know how all three of those tests said I was pregnant.... To back up on march 28th I started bleeding. Then clotted thought I was having miscarriage on the 29th health department told me to go to er for it because even though it said pregnant I was miscarrying.... Well I went to my doc in Shawnee instead he checked hcg levels.... They were at 67 so I went back in 48hrs and they went up to 146 so I was hopeful and so was he that I hadn't miscarried but still to early for sonogram or ultrasound so he wanted to wait a week and a half to test my levels again...he thought by then they would surely be high enough... Might I add that when they took first levels they told me I was "barely" pregnant so I'm not sure how three at home tests and one health dep test picked it up? Anyways... So on the 12th of April I went back again!... To his shock and mine they were only at 460ish? So he said they weren't as high as he wanted them and due to fact they were not increasing fast I could still have miscarriage later on in first trimester... Or...could mean we were earlier in pregnancy than we thought which research I've done says 400's should put me at around 4 weeks! But here is my confusion... How did those tests know I was preg if I'm only 4 weeks seeing as I took them 3wks ago? I go back the 19th he said he should know then if we have healthy baby or body is rejecting it, I believe God is in control I'm just so confused, scared and stressed! Also in mean time I bleed off and on... Which my doc doesn't seem too worried about! I'm freaked!!!!! 

Hi there I am new to this.  I had my period on the 10th March 2012 a 28 day period, normally I am bwtwn 28-35 days.  I ovulated on the 23rd March 2012 my temp was up to 37.2 the day after I ovulated, I had sex on the 24th and 25th with my partner and my temp was high for 10 days after ovulation, I bled on the 2nd April 2012 and started having period like cramps after the 2nd April for about 5 days, I have been mood or get irritated quickly, I have had very sore nipples when I take my bra off at night, not breasts, just nipples, bloated, slight nausea, dizzy spells, the need to go to the toilet and now tonite the 8th April light pink blood.  I don't know what's happening because I felt that I had experienced implantation bleeding on the 2nd April for one night only, then 6 days later, light pink blood after having sx with my partner, weird. I don't know if I am pregnant or not, it's annoying the c**p out of me.  Any suggestions anyone?

I am having the same problem and i called my midwife and she also said dont put anything into vagina. But, my question is how long will this take place its sep 15 and my apt is oct 3 will my baby and i b ok until then?

Hello, I am actually 1 week and 1 day late and have been feeling nausea and wierd cravings for sweets. I have had dizziness and headaches. I know my body and my body feels as if I'm pregnant, this would actually be my first child. My fiancee and I had sex last night, no blood or sign of period. This morning I went to pee and I started trickling blood the color of as if my period was coming. I put on a panty liner and now being a couple of hours later there is no more blood. I am confused because all of the tests come up negative but no sign of my period and I know that during the first trimester you will bleed occassionally, with or without sex..... I am going to see a doctor for blood work. But I would like some feed back first from women..... can anyone help?