I feel like I did a really stupid thing. I've been on Yaz for almost two years now and this is the first time I've made a mistake in taking my pills.

Somewhere during this month I took two pills in one day because I noticed last Friday that I was a day early in my pack of pills. I pretty much freaked out, so without consulting any research or asking any knowledgeable individual, I took one of my pills and cut them in half. I took one half on Friday. Then I took a regular, whole pill on Saturday. By this time I had researched some information and found out that it would have most likely been fine to just finish the pills a day early. Normally my active pills end on a Monday and my placebo pills end on a Friday. So, Sunday night I just went ahead and took the half of the other pill AND the whole pill meant for Monday.

I know that if you miss one day of pills, you're still supposed to be protected, so I'm hoping since I took half of one, I'm still safe. I haven't had intercourse since the 18th of September, and I remember reading somewhere that in the best of conditions sperm can only live up to 7 days in the female reproductive system. So, it was 7-8 days from last intercourse to the day I halved my pill.

My query is related to a couple of issues here. 1) Is it highly probable that I'm safe from pregnancy due to the timing and the fact that I still got *some* hormones on Friday and *regular* hormones the rest of the time? 2) Should I start my new pack of pills a day early (Friday) to make up for the one day I got off track? 3) Does anyone have any good tips on how to remember to keep your BC pack on track?

I have been very strict and good about taking my pills when I'm supposed to, but I've been in an a very intense Nursing program for the past 6 months and my brain seems to get side tracked much easier than it used to. Thanks so much to everyone in advance for your advice.

Okay, so I wanted to reply to my post for anyone who might have the same situation or questions as I had. I'm not pregnant and my cycle moved up a day like I expected.

Although: I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE ANYONE WHO IS CONFUSED OR NOT SURE WHAT TO DO WHEN IT COMES TO BIRTH CONTROL TO PLEASE, PLEASE CALL YOUR MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Please don't do what I did and do whatever comes in your head at first. It is so much better to just take a minute, think about it, and call your doctor. It's safer and a more preventative way to keep accidents from happening.