I'm 55 year old man and recently I bump on one problem, so I hope someone could help me with some useful advice.
I have one big passion and that is walking. I know it sound a bit funny bit as you see, I'm not young any more and walking and sightseeing is only that keeps me amused these days.
Just the other day, after a long walk, I have noticed leg tenderness. I didn’t pay too much attention on it because I thought it is caused by some muscle cramp but after a day or two I started to notice swelling and pain in that leg.
Some friend told me that it could be caused by weak heart. Is this true. Should I contact my cardiologist over this?

I have suffered from almost same symptoms like you now.
Your friend probably isn’t right because in such conditions caused by weak heart you would suffer from symptoms located on both legs.
I think you have problems with deep vein thrombosis.
Deep venous thrombosis is a condition where there is a blood clot in a deep vein.
This thrombus may interfere with circulation of the area, and it may break off and travel through the blood stream causing possible emboli.
You didn’t mention did you have any recent surgery, possibly of your knee or something similar because this can occur post operational.
This could be very serious disease because blood clot can go to your lung artery and cause massive lung emboli and death.
The standard treatment has been an anticoagulant medication called heparin which was given through the vein. if unsuccessful, only treatment left is vein operation.