What happens when a deep vein thrombosis occur? My friend has been diagnosed with DVT and I am curious what is happening with him.

DVT occurs when a blood clot forms in a deep vein, usually in the lower limbs. A complication of DVT, pulmonary embolism, can occur when a fragment of a blood clot breaks loose from the wall of the vein and migrates to the lungs, where it blocks a pulmonary artery or one of its branches.
A blood clot also can occur in veins that are close to the surface of the skin. This type of blood clot is called superficial venous thrombosis or phlebitis (fle-BI-tis). Blood clots in superficial veins are not dangerous because they can’t travel to the lungs. Diagnosing DVT is difficult, and current diagnostic techniques have both advantages and disadvantages. The most commonly used diagnostic tests include venography, duplex or Doppler ultrasonography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and cuff-impedence plethysmography. Most DVT's disappear without difficulty, however there is a risk of recurrence. Some patients may develop some chronic pain and swelling in the leg known as post phlebitic syndrome. Pulmonary embolus is uncommon when DVT's are treated properly but can occur and can be life threatening.

The cure for diseases is within your own body. Here is my real life experience. This is the story of how my husband got cured of CEREBRAL VENOUS THROMBOSIS-

Read here

india-discovery.blogspot.com/2008/03/story-3-cerebral-vanal-thrombosis.html

How Doppler is helpful in curing diabetes