4 weeks back I took an emergency contraceptive pill after I realised that my boyfriend's condom had slipped off. After 9 days, I had spot bleeding for two days. I was due for my period on July 13. Its July 18 and I'm still due. A home pregnancy test came out negative. Is something wrong with me?

Hi Jugni,

ECP's can make your next several periods early or late AND they can cause some spotting.  How soon after sex did you take it?

When you took the home test did you use your first morning urine?  By now, a month after having sex, it should be accurate.  Sometimes though, home tests just don't work.

Give yourself a few more days and retest.  Then, if still no period, see your doctor.

Good luck.

I took the pill on 23rd. On 27th i started bleeding, lasted for 5 days. My period was also due 13, and still hasnt come. 

How many hours after did you take the pill (60hrs for me)? Please update on how youre doing!!