Hi, my mother is 69 years old and she is suffering from dementia for 4 years already. At the beginning her condition was pretty well, almost I can say that it wasn't easy to notice that is something going on. Unfortunately she is worse now and doctor said to her that she will need to take medications. I would like to know something more about these medications.

Hi, my father is also suffering from dementia and he is using medications for more than 3 years. Main problem with dementia is lack of acetylcholine which is neurotransmitter. These drugs are filling gaps of acetylcholine and make symptoms of dementia easier. Side effects of these medications may be nausea, insomnia, headaches and vertigo.
Names of these medications are Aricept , Exelon ,Reminyl. Also vitamin E may be very useful and makes benefits.