Hi! I have a really big problem. My father has just come from doctor and his diagnosis is dementia. I’m not surprised because I was thinking that he had all signs of this disease. Now I’m not sure what to do. Somebody tell me, please, how to manage with dementia in elderly people? Thanks!

Hi! I can understand you totally because my mother also has dementia for two years. I can tell you that it can be very hard to live with this disease. It’s very hard for me because I try to help her but she doesn’t realize that. You should be very patient. Good luck!

Hi there,
Dementia is a condition that happens to people older than 65 years of age. However there are some cases where younger people can get it also. The problem with this condition is that it doesn’t have any cure. Dementia can only be managed and the progression can be reduced. Most of the treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms of dementia like depression or heart problems. Did his doctor tell him if he needs to stay at the hospital for some time? I know some people stay for few days on monitoring to evaluate the degree of dementia. He may be prescribed some antipsychotics or stimulants for management of dementia.
Best wishes,
Marco