Hello! It seems to me that my mother has started to develop dementia. I want to ask you following: What action to take at the beginning of dementia? I mean, what I need to do. Is there any way to help her with this problem? This is very important to me and I hope you will advice me on this.

Hello! First of all, you need to take your mother to doctor. After medical exams you will know for sure if she has dementia or not. If she has dementia in early phase, then doctor will prescribe to her medications which he will to take. These medications must be taking exactly as they prescribed and you will probably need to take care of that.

Hello there,

The best thing you can do is to consult your doctor because you will need his guidance and medications if your mother is really suffering from dementia. Maybe she just has started to forget things and you are overreacting but if you want to be completely sure you need confirmation from your doctor.

In the beginning medications are essential and you can try to make her do exercises which will help her to maintain balance and some of her daily routine. This will reduce symptoms of dementia or at least slow it down. You must be prepared to take care of her and her medications. Sincerely I hope that she is ok and that you were just over concerned.