I had dental implants placed in my lower jaw in India and when they were implanting them, they must have hit something because I screamed really loud and jumped off the chair when he was screwing them in. I was only in India for 2 weeks, and the implants were placed in the day before we left to fly back to the uk. The dentist also placed one implant in the upper jaw but he used a small screw whereas on the lower jaw he used large screws. He also never did a x ray before the implants were implanted therefore he didn’t know where my nerves were. Ever since getting them done I have been in excruciating pain and have been suffering from electric shocks, spasms, numbness and tightening, tugging feeling in my chin and lower lip. This pain has been so excruciating that I haven’t been able to work and have become depressed resulting in crying mostly every day. I went to see a dentist a week after returning from India as I believed something was definitely wrong. He told me that the screws need to be taken out and that the dentist in India has damaged my nerves, and this pain may be permanent. However since I went to India to get the implant surgery, he said he won’t take out my implants as he believes that it’s not his work and the practices in India are different to the dental practice in the UK. He also stated that he might make the problem worse and therefore affect his practice and may be sued. He did refer me to a dental hospital which I am pleased he did. But I have had these implants in for three weeks and am scared that the pain may be more likely to be permanent if they are left in longer. The dental hospital have given me an appointment in a weeks time, and hopefully they will take out the implants and maybe the pain will go away. However the dentist did say that the dental hospital may not operate on me and I may have to return to the hospital in India to have them removed but I don’t want to be put in bad hands again. Can anyone please give me some advice and suggest whether the pain will go away, as many of the stories above are stating that the pain has never disappeared a year after the implants were removed. I cannot live with this pain and I am incredibly depressed. Also the fact that the implants were placed in India has made it difficult to get immediate help, and I am worried this will increase the chances of the pain being permanent. Please help and any advice would be brilliant. Thanks

:-( Oh dear friend Harwinder
I too have facial numbness that has just recently happened, though not through having dental implants.
Mine sounds very similar though to what you have just discribed, though with me it is a result of having Radiotherapy done on my face to try to conteract neuralgia that I have been suffering with these past 4 years with in my upper back teeth, unfortunally the surgeon who carried out this procedure to my face distroyed the wrong nerve leaving me with exactly the same condition and pain as yourself although I also have still got the neurolgia pain in my back teeth, plus now pain with the numbness effecting my bottom lip, right side of chin area and up to my right ear, it is dreadful and was informed by the surgeon who carried out this procedure to myself that the numbness will not disappear, it has not caused me to go into depression though I do sympathize with you as I have also in the past experienced life with depression, until I met with the Saviour, who lifted me from the pit I had dug myself into, and set me upon His rock, I was Born Again, I have found that the Christian life lifts from these such pains and gives to us the means whereby we can endure it through His strength, Amen.
I would recommend to you my Saviour but I cannot make you choose Him that's up you, we are given a choice to make, I pray you make the right one, and shall then too be able to bear your pain through the grace that He supplies daily.
All said with love toward you friend.