Hi, I broke my teeth on basketball, and I will have dental implants procedure in couple of days. I don’t know what to expect. Can you tell me something about this procedure? What will they do to me?

A dentist will place an artificial tooth root into your jaw that will hold a replacement tooth. It will look the same as your other teeth, and it won’t be easy to tell the difference. Dental implants are used for people who have all the other teeth healthy, but lost only one or two because of some disease or injury. It might need some time to get used to your new tooth, but it won’t be a problem, because those implants are natural-looking and feeling. There are more types of dental implants today. Endosteal is most commonly used, and it’s put inside the bone. There is also subperiosteal that is used in other cases. Dental implants are the best solution to your problem, better than dentures and bridges for several reasons- esthetic, tooth-saving, confidence and reliable.

Yes, I agree. I had an amazing dentist who had helped me a lot. I was bulimic, but I was not bulimic for a lot of time, so this was my salvation - for me and my teeth. I remember when I went to consult him, he asked me do I have anything to say or to confess him. I told him that I do and then he told me that there is a huge chance that I am dealing with bulimia nervosa, which was true. This is a disease that harms overall health and is particularly destructive to teeth. He told me that self-induced vomiting, use of laxatives and some diet pills can cause this damage as well. He recommended a permanent tooth replacement for 7 teeth so we did it. I am way happier now, but my conclusion is that you need to be honest with your dentist why do you want to do something like this. 

Dental implants are placec in the place where you broke a tooth, so they make a new one which looks natural, they adjust the colouring and so one. I has thing like this a month ago and when I heard how much I had to pay for that in the UK I almost fainted. My mate had the same but we both flew to dentalpoland clinic in Poland. One is not a problem, you will get it but more implants...that would be worse. Anyway, in Poland it was cheaper for sure.Then we both had a promotion - whitening for two for 250$...that was awesome. Greets and good luck.
Karen

Hi there, what they're going to do is remove your teeth from the root, and either install a metal socket to screw in the tooth or they will implant the tooth into the socket directly. It depends. Did you talk to the dental surgeon?

Yes ,true it really depends...as my teeth were broken, some parts were missing and my doctor put this metal thing...Was not the most pleasurable experience but due to sedation it didn't hurt. I really like this dentalpoland clinic for the way they made me look. I was afraid of was money I am to pay for that ,but then everything went just fine, it was much cheaper.
F

I'm thinking that the OP's surgery will be similar to yours since they mentioned having lost teeth to a basketball. Can you come tell us how you're doing so that we can talk to you? Thanks!

The procedure is simply like that: you register with the clinic, they organize everything and you fly to Poland, you spend some time there, around 5-7 days, get your teeth done and then you are done. What is most important is their prices , the procedure is more or less the same like everywhere else. But money!!! A huuuge difference!!

That's good to hear. Do you have a clinic that you would recommend? YOu seem very excited about this clinic! :) Thanks

I can recommend you Dental Poland. They have 3 clinics in POland and use all the innovative methods. Greets

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

The dental implant is an artificial tooth root that a periodontist places into your jaw to hold a
replacement tooth or bridge. This procedure is an ideal option for people in good general
oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some
other reasons. Dental implant procedure involves two main stages :

1) Dental implant surgery

2) Dental restoration