Hello. I'm 24 year old male and I would like to find more about some aspects of dental heath.
You see, in my life I have had some serious problems with my teeth although I have always brushed them regularly and took care of them. So, I have big reasons to believe that heredity factor played a major role in this. Anyway, just recently on some regular dental check up- my dentist had to remove one big tooth on my lower jaw because it was ruined with plaque and told me that he will put a new tooth in the same place. Yesterday, when I visited him again he told me that I have developed some bone spur under gums and that the whole process would be a bit more complicated. Does anyone know what did he mean by saying this?

Hello. Like you, I also had big problems with my teeth and that’s why I know a bit about possible dental procedures and complications.
First I want to tell you that you are not the first which developed this problem and that this isn’t anything serious you should be worried about.
Bone spurs are the tiny fragments of bone that are between each tooth supporting it and holding it in position.
This is completely normal. Sometimes, some process can affect your jaw bone such as mandibular periotitis or abnormal bony growth due to trauma and can cause problems with removing or implanting the new teeth. Your dentist or oral surgeon will probably have to cut open the gum and remove the unwanted bone fragment and then stitch it back again. No problem! Good luck!

I have two large spears on my lower jaw, no pain..but ?? can you tell me what the phook is up + crown me $..help

I thought I had a jawbone spur sticking through my gum (back lower right molar area).  After two weeks I put my fingernail on the edge of it and pulled/pushed.  And then the piece of bone came right out.  This is the second time in my life that his happened.  It sure seemed like it was lodged in solid like part of my jawbone.  Make sure it is not just a piece of bone from eating a hamburger or chicken, etc...

THANK YOU! This is the second time in my life this has happened - strangely after a dentist appointment to clean my fangs and check on the bone they put in to anchor a new molar.

Do u have any more info on this? I’ve loterally tried over and over to grab it with my fingernail but it feels stuck solid and I try to pull it out it causes terrible pain in my jaw bone. It’s becone unbearable and looking for any advice on this.

My dentist said leave it alone as long as you can withstand the discomfort cutting, grinding , stitching should be the last resort

I'm very weird

Do no harm, always a fair call. My first encounter with a bone fragment presenting itself through my gum took place at age 45 and now my second at age 58. My dentist did prescribe an oral surgery mouth rinse that was useful before I bit the bullet and just picked the fragment out with my fingernail. Instant relief after that. I was wishing my dentist would have done just that at my original appointment with his tools for my problem but I did appreciate the Chlorhexidine 0.12% rinse.