A month ago I had a 2 dental implants put into my lower jaw on each side of my jaw, one of the implants recovered without problems. However, on the other side after 10 days it was still numb, I cannot feel my lips, chin and gums on one side of my face surrounding the implant. The doctor backed out the implant slightly as he thought that it could be too close to the nerve and told me to be patience and maybe the feeling would come back. It has been a month now and it remains the same numb feeling. I do not know what to do? And would like to have feeling back to the other side of my face. Should I have the implant removed?

You definately need to go back to your doctor and let them know that the feeling has not come back. If they do not do anything I would seek the opinion of another Dentist...you should definately have feeling in your face.

Monica wrote: