I took my first and only shot of depo in may 2012. It stopped my periods immediately however Idid experience light spotting in june when I wiped and nothing since then. I was suppose to go back in august for my 2nd shot and opted against it since the side effects were horrible! I had dizziness, severe headaches, nausea, anxiety, insomnia, change in appetite, digestive issues, depression, mood swings, fatigue, nervousness, hair loss, and actually lost weight on this injection (about 15 lbs).

It has been 3 months since I have been off the shot and the effects are still not much better I have gained the weight back to when I 1st took the shot despite exercising. I have been feeling bloated, lower back pain, headaches, my breasts are sensitive and have went up a whole size and my stomach has extended and is hard on the top and sides (as in like im pregnant). I have 1 kid already so i know what it feels like however I have taken numerous hpt which have all turned out negative and no sign of period in sight! Can someone please shine some light on this! Everyone thinks im pregnant and somedays I feel like I am myself. I am currently waiting to get back in to see my dr for a blood test to make sure. The health dept and er was no help and didnt offer blood tests. I have no insurance right now and really cant afford an ultra sound and extensive tests. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is this normal or could I be pregnant? Anytime I have mentioned having the depo shot and the symptoms I have been having to any health care professional and told them my period has not returned yet they have dismissed it by saying odds are your not pregnant and treating you as if your crazy. Can the depo effect hpt results? I have read numerous posts and sites and even asked a nurse and got mixed answers on it. Seriously losing my mind!