Hi, folks. My friend has been just diagnosed with meningitis and he was transferred to the hospital. I know that this is a serious infection and I am very scared. I would like to know if this disease has a fatal end. I would appreciate if you could be sincere with me. I hope someone will answer.

Hello to you too. I am sorry to hear that. I think you should think more positive. You are right when you say that meningitis is a serious disease. In the past it had a fatal end. But, nowadays there are so many powerful antibiotics. Most of the patients recover completely. You even don’t know whether your friend has viral or bacterial meningitis. If it is caused by viruses, then the clinical feature is much easier. Just be brave! Bye!

Hi, everyone. Meningitis can have a fatal end. But this is not necessary. 70 to 80% of the people with meningitis recover completely. This all depends on the age of the patient and his health condition. Some other complications can appear. Some of them are: babyish behavior, temper episodes, insomnia, etc. Children can have some regressive behavior complications. I hope your friend will recover completely. Good luck!

Hi, guys. I agree with all that has been said here. Meningitis is a serious infection. If it is not treated promptly, it can have a fatal end. However, I see that your friend is hospitalized. He will get there a proper care, don’t you worry about that. There are many powerful antibiotics nowadays. That is why many of these patients are recovered completely without any consequences. I hope everything will be fine. Bye!