I started a new job as a nurse in a mental health facility recently, and while it is certainly a big challenge for me, and very interesting, I am still having lots of trouble getting used to the clients we have, and understanding the different illnesses clients come with. This is not part of my job description, but I feel I have to know as much as I can to do my job well. So please answer a question about schizophrenia. Is catalepsy in schizophrenia always followed with catatonic stupor?

While there are patterns that are common in schizophrenia sufferers, there is never any hard and fast rule for which patterns someone might follow. Catalepsy and catatonic stupor are interconnected conditions, but they do not necessarily follow one another, and other patterns, like stupor followed by nervous behavior and shouting may also occur.