Hello, folks. My daughter hasn’t yet get into her teens, but I notice that she has been eating less than before. I am beginning to fear that this could be anorexia. I would like to know if this disease is possible in the early age since I usually read that it is characteristic of adolescents. I would appreciate all your replies.

Hi, there. Anorexia is not reserved only for adolescents. Experts are beginning to point out the onset of this disease in early childhood. There are some symptoms that could show you what is all about. They usually have intensive fear of gaining in their weight. They have disturbed perception of their body size and looks. They reduce food intake. They can also exercise excessively. I hope this won’t be your daughter’s case. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello, folks. Anorexia is a serious disease and should be treated like one. It can really have an early onset. My little neighbor’s symptoms started at her age of 9. Treatment is very complex. If you suspect on something like this, you must seek for a help of an expert. Treatment requires a team work. You won’t be able to deal it on your own. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!