I just had my tonsils out, fixed deviated septum, and reduced my inferior turbinates on February 18th. I've been told all the horror stories so was prepared for the worst. So far so good!! I'd say my saving grace has been a humidifier and lots of water. I've Been drinking protein shakes with spinach, kale, avocado, almond butter, and almond milk. It's an easy way to get nutrition and easy to swallow. I know I'm only one day post-op and have a ways to go. Hoping the scabs won't hurt too much. My nose is just annoying. No real pain just clogged up. I go back on Friday to get packing removed. Good luck to anyone having these surgeries. My tonsils were so gross. Doctor said the tonsil stones inside looked like icebergs. I should of had this surgery a long time ago. 33 years and I've finally won this icky battle. Best advice HUMIDIFIER and WATER

I was feeling good until day 5. Woke up in pure agony. Now I understood what everyone was talking about. The worst pain in my ears and jaw. My throat had a horrible taste in it and it was terrible to try and eat and swallow. My left side was worse so I tried to keep water to the right side. Wake up crying and couldn't get comfortable. I had the humidifier, set my alarm for meds and would still wake up crying. The worst pain. I'm 14 days post op. still not 10" percent but the worst part is over. Glad I for through the worst of it. Good luck to anyone getting this surgery.