Hi everyone!!!!! I'm having surgery on Dec. 20 and I am scarred out of my mind. The surgery I'm having is a tonsillectomy, turbinate reduction and septoplasy. I would like to know if anyone else out there have had all done at once, if so what recovery experience did you have? I also would like to know if septoplasy surgery will change the appearance of your nose?

I am currently recovering from a septoplasty with turbinate reduction. I am 3 days post-op & it has not been terribly painful but I have had a good bit of bleeding, which is more bothersome than anything. Having to breathe through the mouth makes the throat sore, which will be even worse for you since you are also having a tonsilectomy. I had my tonsils out when i was 19 & it was an aweful experience, but I was one of the 1% who hemhorrage after surgery. The septoplasty will not change the outward appearance of your nose. it is the inner structure, not the outer. A rhinoplasty would change the outer appearance & the bony surface that you see when you look at your nose. The septoplasty is only to repair the deviated septum. My outer nose looks no different.