Hello. I'm 29 year old mother and I'm a bit worried for my little boy. My son is only 7 years old but already causing headaches to me, my husband and his school teacher.
Just recently, she called us to visit her after school. During the talk she mentioned several time how it would be great if we took him to see some school psychiatrist.
I really don’t know anything about it and I just can't believe that one 7 year old boy, completely “normal”, must visit some psychiatrist. Can anyone tell me the exact definition of this medical profession? Are there any specialized for kids!?

Hello. I know that this sound strange to you but I insure you- there is nothing wrong in taking children to see a school psychiatrist.
Many kids are having problems with controlling their temper and focusing they attention to school.
The right name for this condition is ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder!
You should know that there are psychiatrist specialized just for kids.
The child psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of thinking, feeling and behavior affecting children and adolescents. Visiting one could be very helpful to your son and that’s why I suggest you to do it as soon as you can!