My son has seborrheic dermatitis on eyes. I can recognize it because my older daughter also had seborrheic dermatitis on her face four years ago. I know how treatment for seborrheic dermatitis looks like but I’m not sure how to treat it when it’s on eyes. Tell me what to do with seborrheic dermatitis on eyes? Thanks!

My son also had seborrheic dermatitis on eyes few months ago. His doctor recommended very mild shampoo such as baby shampoo. It needs to be used several times per day. Also you may apply hydrocortisone ophthalmic ointment twice daily. You probably know that seborrheic dermatitis is a chronic condition and that symptoms may come back if you stop treatment.

Well Seborrhea is an inflammation of the skin and it is a type of yeast infection. You have to know that seborrhea is more common in men than women but it is generally noticed at older people. How old is your son? I think the best option for you would be to use antifungal shampoo and there are several brands that you could use. When you use the shampoo on your son’s seborrhea you need to be careful not to get any shampoo in his eye because it will sting him. He needs to have the shampoo on his skin for at least ten minutes. You should do this few times a day in order to notice some improvements.