Hi all, I'm 18 female, and was jus diagnosed with diabetes I notice I started getting bumps on my gential area light pinkish color well I thought maybe it was sum irritation so I used monistat cream and noticed it turned the bumps white when I went to my doctor he said I was find yet when I went to a clinic they said it was warts...I was wondering could the diabetes done this? I hear so many things saying it could have but I'm worried
Thnx,
Curious and worried female

Hi Ladie T,

I don’t think that diabetes has to do anything with this. The bumps on your skin in vaginal area can be caused by many things. For instance do you shave? It can easily be result of razor burns. The thing is that you will have to wait for some time and they will probably clear on their own. However I would suggest you take care of your vaginal area because you are very young. Are you sexually active? Is there a possibility that this is some sexual transmitted infection?

Have you tried any other cream or just Monistat?

Regarding diabetes, you will have to adjust to many things with this condition but you can manage it easily.

I have diabetes to and since I have noticed with uncontrolled blood sugars frequent peeing and occasional leakage I have friction that rubs with clothing on the vagins lips and makes a bump... it happens every now and then but I just am careful to dry very good and get to the bathroom ASAP and wear looser things