ok so I'm 14 and a lot of my friends are shaving their public hair,I was unsure about this and never tried it until a couple days ago I decided to just shave the area between my pubes and belly button (because frankly it looks weird and disgusting) while I was in the shower, yesterday I discovered red spots had appeared, not bumps (they did not protrude) and are not itchy. I did not use a cream or moisturiser and it was my first time. I have shaved the hair between my anus and scrotum before and never experienced these spots. if and explanation and/or solution is available I would be grateful.

Hi Mr.

It may be folliculitis, an inflammation of the hair follicles.  When you shave you cause tiny little tears in the skin.  Bacteria gets in and causes an inflammation.

Use some warm compresses to help it clear.  You might also use an antibiotic cream.

Always use a NEW razor blade.

Hope it helps.

HI I'm a girl and like you Iv shaved my PH and yes them same type red spots showed up on me and like you I did not use a moisturizer. But the red spots went a way 4days later ..Like you we need to not fore get the Cream next time do we ?? .. with understanding love from Miss SAM in southeast GA USA date is 05 / 09 / 2015 @ 2:15 pm EST I will close with a :-) Y face to you have a nice day X's & O's too you PS if you have a BF keep him away from your privet spot froe a week or two OK :- }

GOOD advice on the new razor :-) and PLEASE don't use OLD RAZORS :-( you WILL live to REGREAT it like BIG TIME

I know exactly what you mean and there are a few things you can do while shaving and after shaving to avoid getting bumps all together. This is what I do and it works great! You should shave after being in the hot shower for about 5min. Turn off the water so you don't wash any of the shaving cream off but you can either shave with a sensitive skin shave cream or you can use a product called Bikini Zone Anti-Bumps Shave Gel. You can buy it at most Pharmacy stores. While shaving do not shave to much against the grain of the hair and use a new razor. Don't use the triple foul razors either since they cause ingrown hairs. When your done rinse off and after your dry, apply with a clean cotton pad some rubbing alcohol everywhere you shaved. This will clean the area well. Getting that area infected is what causes the red bumps in the first place. After applying the rubbing alcohol put a good amount of Benzagel 5 acne gel over the areas that you shaved. This can also be bought at Walmart. Leave this on the skin and reapply the Benzagel  as often as needed to keep the bumps from starting.  This method works really well but another way is by shaving your leg area and stomach area with a Remington electric razor. I find that when I use this I don't get any bumps at all. 

I hope this help and if you have any other questions please let me know.

Good Luck!