Diabetes be an early symptom of this cancer. Pancreatic cancer is difficult to detect until it is in advanced stage because it shows only few symptoms. These finding could be important because they could lead to getting to know indicators that will allow early detection and treatments.
More work is ofcourse needed to determine if using increased sugar levels as an indicator of pancreatic cancer is feasible.
What the researchers are trying to do now is to find a marker in the blood that will help distinguish diabetes associated with pancreatic cancer from the far more common type-2 diabetes.

I do not even understand what the purpose of this post is about.

1. Is it that people with Diabetes have a higher risk of pancreatic cancer? OR

2. Is it that people with pancreatic cancer have a higher risk of Diabetes?

3. Is it referring to Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes?

4. What is the relevance of the statement "associated with pancreatic cancer from the far more common type-2 diabetes".

This post has left me so perplexed I can't even remember all of the questions I had.

I lost my Mom to pancreatic cancer 5 years ago. For quite a while I thought that the type 2 diabetes she was diagnosed with a few years prior was the cause of her cancer. After speaking with many people and researching the subject I believe that the diabetes was an early sign of the cancer. By the time she was diagnosed with cancer it had spread through most of her organs. I strongly urge anyone that is diagnosed with type 2 diabetes later in life to get a pet scan of their vital organs.