My neighbor is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer few weeks ago. He suffers already from terrible pain, that’s what I have heard. This made me so worry because I am so frightened of such a pain. Especially if that comes from cancer, which I consider is the worst disease in the world. This made me interested into pancreatic cancer, so I want to know more about treatment.

There is clearly a great need to improve our understanding of the fundamental nature of cancer of the pancreas. The paradigm currently being examined in basic science laboratories. There have been researchers performed looking at genes at both the level of the chromosome and at the DNA level. One way to detect chromosome abnormalities in pancreatic cancer is to measure the DNA content in each tumor cell. This can be done by two techniques that measure the nucleic acid content of the individual cells. Oncology is looking at the genetic changes in cancer of the pancreas using techniques of molecular biologic. Surgical removal of the cancer is currently the only chance for a cure for patients with pancreatic cancer. The surgical resection of most pancreas cancers is called a pancreaticoduodenectomy. These operations are very complex and should be performed by great surgeons. Unless this operation is not performed by specially trained and experienced surgeon in this procedure, they can be associated with very high rates of mortality. Unfortunately, many pancreas cancers are not resectable at the time of diagnosis. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are the main treatments offered to patients whose entire tumor cannot be removed surgically.

How does "encapsulated" pancreatic cancer affect the information you presented above? Does the "encapsulated" cancer slow the progression?