Hi, I fear that I have developed a skin cancer. How serious it is? Is there any way to prevent it’s spreading to other organs? Can you die of skin cancer?

Hi, certainly it is serious like any other form of cancer. Come on, these cancer cells are malignant like any other cancer cells. It depends greatly on type of skin cancer, and cells that are effected what is the prognosis. Basal cell cancers are highly curable if detected in early stages. Melanoma is also highly curable, but it can spread to other organs. Main risk factors for nonmelanoma and melanoma skin cancers present exposure to ultraviolet radiation, atypical moles, family history and severe sun burns. People that are professionally exposed to coal tar, pitch, creosote, arsenic compounds, or radium are at higher risk.

Well,
You have to know that every form of cancer is very serious and in some cases cancer is lethal if it isn’t treated on time. When did you discover that you have skin cancer? You have to know that there are stages of cancer. Do you know in what stage is your cancer right now? In early stages the treatment is much easier and the chances of removing the cancer are much higher. I think that you need to talk to your doctor about every step in future procedures so you know what you will be dealing with in the future. I hope that this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Nelie