Hello to you all! I am the mother of a great 10 year old boy, who happens to have diabetes. Yes, it makes life a bit tougher for him! Still, I would like to help him enjoy his childhood to the fullest, and experience all the things other kids do. Can you recommend any sports for diabetes type 1 patients? Do you have any other tips? Thanks!

Hi M I have a ten year old son as well, actually yours is probably eleven by now. My son plays every team and individual sport out there. All star baseball All star basketball Elite soccer And runs cross country at the national level So far there has only been one race last December where he was way low before the race and as a result didn't preform at his peak But other than that we have found that the sports all of them keep him strong and stable and needing less insulin because he Burns so much. I don't know if this helps but it's the first blog post or otherwise I've ever engaged in regarding diabetes, my son was diagnosed Exactly 1 year ago.