What other sports do you do besides running? How has running helped and/or how has your other sports helped running?

Triathlon: Running is part of it. The swimming and cycling are great cross training and help my avoid running injuries that sidelined my for over a year when I didn't think I could run anymore.

Martial Arts: Running helps build endurance. Martial Arts help protect me when I'm out running. ;) It also help a lot with mental focus escpecially in racing.

I ride a bicycle (SHOCKER!).

I've done 1 triathlon, bunches of duathlons. Would like to do some bike time trials, cyclocross and maybe a crit or two.

I'm getting into (a little) bodybuilding, too. I found the shaving my legs and riding around in brightly-colored spandex wasn't enough of a test of my manhood. I figure that shaving my entire body and getting on stage in my underwear will be a good test of hyper-masculinity.

I like to do so many different things, and I've found that running has helped me with absolutely everything. My endurance is top notch baby! I bicycle, hike, tae-bo, etc. When I live closer to a gym I do all the aerobic type classes and lift weights much more.

I've played soccer for 20 yrs and I've been known to play a little basketball here and there.

I sometimes moutain bike as well, but by no means am I an expert. I think it all helps my running. Very good cross training.

I've been centered around the tri training + weights regime for about a year now.

I find that my aerobic conditioning and short-term power has increased well, but because I find it harder to get long runs and rides in, my long-term endurance is taking a hit. This is mainly due to my choice -- having a small amount of "free" time I've been spending it more iwth family.

Swimming is what really gets me. I'm in a masters club, and we do all 4 strokes. It's great for rounding out the muscle groups, but my freestyle doesn't always get the attention it deserves.

I used to play basketball and still would if there was a league around for me and I had the time. Basketball paid for my college.

I love soccer, and sometimes play a little softball. (I can hit but not field very well).

I also golf.

Running helps with it all.

Triathlon-so swimming and cycling.

Also, competitive Twinkie eating.

Mostly just some weight training from time to time.

I started running to improve my soccer. And it has, dramatically. My endurance and speed have visibly improved. I can now even do things after a soccer game! :o

I like to do different activities. Besides running, we do swimming, cycling in routine life. They can help to fit. Basketball is also a good activity.