My son is 5 months old and he has two prominent blue veins on each side of his face. They start on his eye lid and go down his cheak. They are also very prominent on his eye lid they spider out. There is also a vein, a little bump on the bridge of his nose between his eyes. My doctor say not to worry. But he has been constapated and when he strains they really come out and kind of get wiggly. I have never seen a baby have such prominent veins on his face. Looking on internt I read the face can tell us signes about our body's health. Looking for second opinion. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

**edited by moderator**

I would assume he's ok, I mean even for myself I can see my veins in my arms, legs and feet that are very prominent. If your still worried about it, I'd suggest taking him to another doctor.

my daughter had very prominent veins on her face too. when i asked the dr. he told me it was fine also. my daughter is now 19 months and they are starting to fade but they are still visible. i don't think it's anything to worry about

You may want to see a vascular specialist anolamies clinic. You usually can find a team of doctors at the major hospitals that have such a team. There are different types of vascular malformations that need to be treated, especially ones near eyes and on faces.

Did you ever find out if it was anything, my four month old has one on her nose, it looks more like a bruise and it has a bump under it, she wasn't born with it, but I've noticed it for a few weeks now.

My 7 year old son has visable veins on his chest and on each side of his head at his temples (at times you can see veins down arms, legs, feet, too).  He does have fair skin, and I have even asked our pediatrician about the ones on the sides of his head.  Asked if I should be concerned it he got hit there (as in playing sports - basketball, baseball) and she stated I didn't need to worry.  However, they are so pronounced some times, he even questions me about why he can see them.  I do still have uneasy feelings about them, but don't really know where to turn.  My 12 year old daughter does not have this problem, never did.