Hello! I am Mary and I am fourteen. Yesterday I had a traumatic event at my school. It was usual school day and everything was fine. We had a break between two classes and when we came back from the schoolyard I noticed my friend Ann was missing. I thought she was at the toilet and when I went there I found her lying unconscious on the floor. I thought she was dead. It was horrible. Emergency relief arrived in a few minutes and they took her to the hospital. Our class master explained she had a diabetic seizure and that she would be OK in few days. What is a diabetic seizure?

Hi! A seizure is resulted by simultaneous, contradictory signals from brain cells. There are around twenty types of seizures which are classified into four groups: motor, sensory, autonomic and emotional. Hyperglycemia (high blood glucose) and hypoglycemia (low blood glucose) can cause seizure, convulsion and coma. A person is unaware of the surroundings during the seizure. Seizures can cause violent convulsions (but not always); muscles may twitch or become rigid with other symptoms such as blurring vision, headache, shaking, weakness, dizziness and loss of concentration and loss of memory. A diabetic seizure is usually caused by hypoglycemia which is low sugar level in your blood. The solution is to eat something sweet when it happens.