Hi, something weird is happening to me. In the last couple of months I fainted several times. I went to a doctor, and a first diagnose was syncope. However, when I asked for another opinion, I found out that this might not be syncope but seizures. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem. I couldn’t get a precise diagnose whether I have syncope or seizures. I didn’t know which of these two conditions to treat. I lost my consciousness many times, but I never had any warning sensations before that. Usually, people who suffer from syncope have dizziness, a dimming of vision, and feeling hot before they faint. Pople with seazures have different symptoms, like involuntary contraction of a group of muscles, a brief loss of memory, sparkling of flashes, sensing an unpleasant odor. I never had any of these symptoms. I had only headache, and nothing else. Finaly, I went to a specialist who examened me thoroughly, and found a reason for my fainting, which was a low blood pressure.

You need a TILT TABLE TEST!

Any doctor should use this as one of the main diagnostic tests for someone who keeps fainting! And yet I went for 5 years being told everything including I was just an overly emotional female and that's why I faint. No, I have Vasovagal syncope.

When I faint I go into a "seizure" like mode. It is not a seizure though. It is simply (and horribly) your brain not getting enough oxygen! And so I tremor, which to many had looked like a seizure in the past.

I totally agree with nitekitty. I've had the tilt table test and it was amazing what happened during it. It was so bad, they lost my pulse within seconds of being on the table. I was diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension. Basically when you stand or sit for long periods of time, the blood pools in your legs, therefore, not getting enough to your brain, causing dizziness, fainting, etc. Definitely ask for this test-it could save your life.

I had a seizure in Nov, last summer several syncopy events. Again this June a seizure. Definately a seizure, wet myself, stiffness, bit my tongue, had 7 staples in head. all the events were a seizure. Did I have symptoms NO, doc said after ECG that I will have more, when? Today, tomorrow, years from now. I'm on antiseizure meds. See a neurologist and insist on an MRI then be careful. I cannot drive for 6 months minimum. I feel like an invalid, however I feel pretty good. I take it esy now, do not operate any machinery, eat every morning,s tay out of the heat, no electric lights, lots of tv and play on the computer. See 2 neurologist before you rule out seizures. Let me tell you also that a LOT of people have one seizure and NEVER have another. There are many reasons, BP, dizziness, getting up too fast, stress, not eating properly, hypoglycemia, sometimes you never get answers as to why. YOu can email me anytime at _[removed]_ and I'm happy to talk to you. Best of luck to you. I'm still fighting trying to find out why. I laid on WalMart floor for 30 minutes before anybody found me....Yep, life can be a mess, but God spared me for some reason. I'm still here. Alive but not able to do what I once did, scuba dive, live alone, sports etc. GOod luck.