Hi, I have been diagnosed with autoimmune inflammation of the bowel. I have discomfort in my bowels and pain. How is this condition treated? Is it life lasting?

Inflammatory bowel disease is a commonly seen and is manifested in two types Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Both Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis consist of active periods and periods of remission. Anti-inflammatory therapy is used to provoke a remission and supreme another inflammation. Surgery is undertaken only in severe cases. Nutritional therapy can play a significant role in treating condition. Supplements intake is very important because of malabsorption, which results in nutrient deficiencies. Disease arises as interaction of many diseases as: genetic, environmental, nutritional, and inflammatory factors

You may want to look at a gluten-free diet. Many new studies are coming out that indicate anyone suffering from bowel disease, celiac, or even fibromyalgia (b/c of imflammation) can benefit from a gluten-free diet. Less irritation.

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed**