Hey folks.

Maybe you will say that I am crazy, but I have adopted one more cat form the shelter :) She is so adorable. Now, I have nine cats and they are really good friends. My yard is full of cats :)

But, the main reason why I adopted this little one is because all her brothers and sisters died from cold. :/ I was really sorry, and I didn’t want to risk :/ My friend is working on the shelter, and she asked me do I want to adopt a little cat with inflammatory bowel disease.

I said yes.

But, now I want to know how to treat a cat diagnosed with this disease?

Any ideas? 

Hey there.

OMG, that is so nice. You are really nice person, you know that?

This cat really needs her home, obviously, I am glad that there are a lot of good people who knows this. I adopted a cat at similar way.

About this disease, you should not be that worried. It is nothing serious, and I think that you know pretty much about it.

The best and the most effective treatment is when you choose some good diet program for your cat. I suggest you to try some healthy, balanced diet program.

You will see that your cat will be totally fine, like all other healthy cats. 

You are really nice person. I am happy for this cat, and I am happy for you, because I know that you will be happy with this cat as well.

IBD is a syndrome rather than a disease, and this syndrome is caused by some specific reaction to chronic irritation of the stomach or intestines.

This practically means that you should change diet program for your cat, because this diet program, or eating plan, that you were using before, it is not compatible with your cat at all. Inflammation is the body’s response to an injury, forgiven substance or insult maybe. 

Hey there.

Thank you for your answer, thank you for your advice.

I know that she will be much happier at my home, that is why I adopted her. But, I was reading a lot about this problem, and when I didn’t have a cat with IBD, I was thinking that I can deal with everything, I was thinking that I know a lot about this disease.

But now, when I have her, I don’t know anything.

OK, I will force some other diet program, even if I don’t know what she was eating in the shelter.

But, what diet program is your recommendation? 

Hello. IBD constitutes a group of GI diseases, that are characterized by persistent clinical signs and histologic evidence of inflammatory cell infiltrate of unknown etiology. The best way to treat this cat is to see with your vet what the best therapy is for her. The main goals of therapy are to reduce vomiting and diarrhea. Also, it should promote appetite and weight gain. So, like you could guess, this is usually some diet program, that is effective in some cases. But, in other cases, it is not. In those cases, medical therapy is something that you need to give to your cat. It is the only way to treat it.