Hi, I have severe ulcerations of lower legs. My condition was diagnosed as pyoderma gangrenosum. What is origin of the disease and what is it like?

Pyoderma gangrenosum is an autoimmune disorder, what indicates an over reactive immune system. It is manifested by skin ulcerations. It can be associated with: inflammatory bowel diseases (ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease), rheumatoid arthritis, chronic hepatitis, Wegener's granulomatosis and some other diseases. It has sudden onset as a small pustule, red bump or blood-blister and continues with the skin breaking down resulting in an ulcer. The ulcer can widen rapidly, it is of purple color and undermined as it enlarges. treatment includes antibiotics and steroids, but very important is to keep the ulcer disinfected by protected from outer influences.