I am curious whether rectal bleeding is always the sign of colon cancer? I never had no problem with my bowel movements but lately I suffer from constipation and whenever I have bowel movements it is always accompanied with rectal bleeding but recently I also have this sudden and sharp pain that affects my lower left abdominal side and my abdomen has become so tender I can't even touch it those last days. I am so terrified of the possibility I could be having colon cancer for besides this rectal bleeding I started having nausea and vomiting yesterday also so I would like to hear what could be this rectal bleeding? Thanks!

Well I suppose it is not a pleasant experience at all but I don't think that rectal bleeding is always colon cancer related but anyway you should be having some colonoscopy or whatever colon screen test there is just to check this out. But my sis had the same problem last year and I remember we were all terrified for she had this rectal bleeding for days followed by strong abdominal pain and vomiting and it turned out she had some condition called diverticulitis-I think something that is called diverticulla becomes inflamed or infected and the results are mentioned above involving rectal bleeding of course. Anyway since this was her first diverticulitis attack she was just prescribed some antibiotics to reduce the infection and she was on some special low-fibers diet and she is doing fine ever since this happened with no rectal bleeding at all or some other symptoms.

That is really not pleasant. And, to be honest - it is disgusting. It is well known that rectal bleeding can range from mild to really serious issue. I am giving you just a couple of examples what it could be. For example, you maybe are facing anal fissures or small tears in the lining of the anus, but you should know that this is nothing serious.

On the other hand, it can be cancer or inflammatory bowel disease, which includes Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.

Now, I believe that you do understand the importance of visiting the doctor. Tests needs to be done. ASAP!