My uncle has problems so he had to visit our family doctor. He realized there is something wrong with him, and send him to examination. Specialist diagnosed my uncle with bowel inflammatory disease, which surprised me. I want to hear more about her condition, because I do not understand what caused it. Can you also tell me how they are going to treat his inflammatory?

Inflammatory bowel disease is the name of a group of disorders that cause the intestines to become inflamed, red and swollen. Symptoms are abdominal cramps and pain, diarrhea, weight loss and bleeding from intestines. There are two kinds of inflammatory bowel disease: Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. The exact cause for inflammatory disease is unknown. The disease may be caused by a germ or by an immune system problem, but it is not contagious. However, inflammatory bowel disease does seem to be hereditary, which means it is not necessarily runs in families. Depending on symptoms, doctor may ask him to cut down on the amount of fiber or dairy products in his diet. In addition to eating well, he needs to get enough rest. It is also important that he learn to manage the stress in his life. When patient become overly upset by things that happen at home or at work, intestinal problems can get worse.