I am on Hydroxychlor or Plaquinil tablets of 200mg twice a day. I was told that one of the side effects of the Hydroxychlor could be blurred vision occasionally. I am afraid of this side effect so it looks like I am just waiting to see what will happen to me soon. My mother told me I should not be so worried because it doesn’t necessary occur with every user. I would like to know more about Hydroxychlor and its side effects.

Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) tablets contain 200 mg hydroxychloroquine sulfate, equivalent to 155 mg base, and are used for oral administration. Periodic blood cell counts should be made if patients are given prolonged therapy. If any severe blood disorder appears which is not attributable to the disease under treatment, discontinuation of the drug should be considered. The drug should be administered with caution in patients having G-6-PD deficiency. In recent years, it has been found that certain strains of P. falciparum have become resistant to 4-aminoquinoline compounds as shown by the fact that normally adequate doses have failed to prevent or cure clinical malaria or parasitemia. Treatment with quinine or other specific forms of therapy is therefore advised for patients infected with a resistant strain of parasites. Following the administration in doses adequate for the treatment of an acute malarial attack, mild and transient headache, dizziness, and gastrointestinal complaints. Those are diarrhea, anorexia, nausea, abdominal cramps and, on rare occasions, vomiting, which sometimes may occur. Cardiomyopathy has been rarely reported with high daily dosages of hydroxychloride.

Is it permissable to use moderate levels of alcohol(beer), when taking hydroxychlor 200mg?

can a person have side effects if drinking wine all day after taking hydroychlor???

Can a person drink alcohol as in a couple drinks on a Sat. nite w/dinner?

I did forget to tell you Im taking Hydroxychlor 200MG Tab 2xdaily. Ive now been on them for 1month with no side affects but due have apt to see Opthamalogist per my RA Dr.