I've been in and out of opiate dependance for the past few years and a few different pharmacutical dependencies for years before that. But I've never had such a difficult time going off again, as when I started smoking oxycontin. I want to know what the difference is? Is it just the rapid sensation that I can't shake or does the chemical makeup change when you smoke it off of tin foil. :-(

You need to stop doing that immediately, because it could cause all sorts of bad things to your lungs, such as silicosis.

Regarding the withdrawal though, smoking Oxy's hits you faster than even I.V., so that is probably the reason you are having worse withdrawals I have known a couple of people that did that and they were never happy without smoking them. They would do it driving their car down the road. You need to quit any way you can, and it is possible to quit.

Good Luck

Find a pain management place or an opiate treatment facility and get on Suboxone. I was on oxy and fentanyl. I would not have been able to quit without it. I have been off everything for a year after using heavily for 8 years.