I need to know if anyone has heard of the street drug, roxy or roxies?
If so could you tell me alittle about it? What does it have in it or is this several drugs mixed together? My son is on them and he is in terrible shape and needs to get help before they kill him.

Roxies are either a research chemical said to have similar effects to MDMA...

Or Roxicodone, an opiate that can be highly addictive and euphoric that is prescribed for pain control.

If he's having problems with them and addiction I would bet it's the roxicodone as the research chemicals are psychedelics that one does not get addicted to.

There are treatment facilities available close to you I'd imagine, just look them up.

Opiate addictions can be scary.

Good luck and stay safe.

I've tried nearly every drug available to mankind and I have never heard that slang term. im very sorry :|

Things that it might be:

Roxies = Mollies? in that case it may be MDMA or better known as ecstasy(mollies meaning, pure MDMA, however sometimes is cut with other stuff)

Oxy's = Oxycodones? in this case this is a highly addictive opiate.

I hope this helped at all! gl!

Roxy is the short term for Roxiecodone. It is the brand name for Oxycodone (which is the generic). These drugs are prescription pain killers in the opiate family. They are highly addictive. If your son is addicted to them, he will more than likely require inpatient drug rehab. Good luck with him! These addictions can be scary.

It's probably oxycodone, which is a very serious addiction (think heroin). Get him to a clinic or NA meeting (you can call your local AA and they'll help you).

i was addicted to roxies for over 6 months, they generally come in the form of a small round blue pill in doses as high as 30mg. It is known to be synthetic heroin, or lab heroine. Opiate family and highly addictive, i didnt just pop them, i free based them as well. The euphoric high is irresistible. Fortunately i was not on them for very long compared to other users, i simply went to a walk in clinic, and was prescribed 1mg xanex or zanex, they really help get you off of the oxycodone. They tone down the restlessness that comes with withdrawal. Not sleeping for 4 days in a row, will drive any man to quit.

There are many clincs. But a drug that will help him get off the opiots is Suboxone.

I have recently found out my daughter is using roxies, she has been clean for 6 years. Former herion, crack, oxi user is this in the same family.

Opiates are hard to get off. I am on Actiq. It is the strongest & smoothest pain opiate made. But the stuff is so expensive that I can only pick up half my prescription each time.

You need to pack your son in a car and leave town, take away his cell phone and detox him. Or you can lock him in the house and detox him there, the fact is he has to want to change or else he will find away to do the drug again. One of my friends is addicted to roxie's and we pack him in a car and drove him half across the state for him to get sober. However, medical supervision is always recommended. He will have an addiction problem for the rest of his life, it never goes away but it will get easier. Just remind your son that you love him and in no way does his addiction change that.

it is synthetic heroin. good luck with rehab or any other treatment programs, my friend has been to rehab 4 times, tried methadone and subboxen programs and shes still shooting. Ugh. My cousin, sisters friend, and nearly every young adult in tampa are on those things, BAAAD. i moved away..cant stand to be around that sh*t!

Roxy is the street name for Roxiecodone. It is highly addicting. I have a neice that is addicted to them and will take them in any form, anything from pills to the worst shooting it. This girl has 2 kids that she has just given up for the drug. The only time she has anything to do with them is when she goes to get her 8 year old daughter to piss in a cup for her. Anyone that is addicted to it will always be addicted to it, they may get off it but they will always be addicted to it. I pray that my neice gets locked up everyday so that it may at least sober her up for awhile, however the state of Florida has somehow over looked this problem. I question how if she is piss testing every other day how she is testing clean... does Florida not have someone go into the bathroom with you? In this case I think the system is failing the children involved.

I just found out my son is smoking roxies. He is smoking about 2 a day and has been for about 2-3 months I am told. Is it just as addicting smoking it as swallowing the pills? What should I do to get him to stop?

I hate when people say oxycodone is synthetic heroin. Heroin is morphine that gets to the brain much faster. Its only 2 times as potent as morphine but since it permeates into ones brain faster, thats why its so delicious.

As far as gettin your kid to stop, I wanna say first off you cant smoke roxies. Its just impossible. The opioids melting point is at 218 to 220 degrees which would turn it into sludge. So if thats all hes doing, then consider yourself lucky. Double check he knows what hes taking/smoking. Ask him to show you a pill. Poison control, a pharmacist, or online search can tell you what it is and you can figure out what it is. Bc there are a lot of what ifs. If he only smokes them, nothing. If he swallows them then its a different story and youll want to know. May end up being benzodiazepines and he took them for prolonged periods then medical care would be required so he doesnt seize and die (worst case scenerio if he takes a significantly higher than therapeutically efficient dose for long periods of time). It may be ecstacy and nothing. It may be sugar pills and nothing. Get the pills. If he is being a pain in the ass, get a drug test from a store to figure out what your dealing with.

So,
1. Figure out what hes really on and if he has only been "smoking" them
2. Guilt him into giving over every last pill and piece of paraphonilia.
3. If its anything that could kill him if he got off (high doses of benzodiazepines or barbituates), then let him continue using until you get him into a place. If its anything else, plan on treatment later at a private place w/ no maintanence treatment. Hes too young to be on suboxone so dont even consider anything within that ballpark.
4. Treatment, therapy, psychiatrist and good.

I am there with you about the "roxies" -- it is roxie codone and they are small blue pills... my son first started taking them and then he started smoking them.. he put them on a little piece of aluminum foil and took a straw and sucked in the smoke-- he developed a bad cough -- we sent him to ga to live with his sister and guess what now he is up there and was clean and got a new job and is back on them.. im so distraught -- i feel like im just waiting for them to call and say he is dead.. what do i do.. everyone says pot is not bad but i think for him pot led to this -- i know alot of people who smoked pot and it never led to anything else but i think he has addictive personality and he cant take anything pot/ alcohol etc... my daughter had to kick him out of her house cause she has 2 little kids and found a straw with residue in it..i love him so much and cant help him-- we dont have money for rehab-- my husband is out of work and after getting laid off from a good job im only woorking part time at small pay at a department store..