I have been on 150-200mgs of oxycontin a day for the past 6months and how do i start taking the subaxone strips when and how much my daughter is going to give my 8mg strips she says to take half a day and a day after taking oxy

I would take 1/2 at a time,wait 2 hrs , if u start to feel sick before than take the other half. Dont take the subaxone while doing pills. It will make u sicker.. hope that helps u . hope61 

firstly above all you should be free of taking the oxy for at least 12-48 hrs before your first dose of suboxone to avoid precipitated withdrawals. Most Drs recommend 48 hrs i believe. Trust me you do not wanna go through precipitated withdrawal from subs. I would recommend taking as small of an amount as possible as hope61 suggests.It is common for people to begin taking wayyy too much suboxone right off the bat. Give it some time the half life of suboxone is very long and builds up in your system