i was wondering what might happen if a person were to take about 2 mills of suboxin, and then a little bit later that same day were to take about 20 mills of oxycontin? i have heard it will make someone go into withdrawls really fast, but my friend says it wont bother you, but then again i also heard that if a person were to mix suboxone and xanax, or most any kind of nerve pill it has a 73% death rate. any one know if thats true? because my friend mixes them together often and he is still alive. i am thinking about trying the suboxone to get off the oxy, but i am not as strong as i need to be and i am worried that i may take the suboxone one day then break down and do the oxy the same day and i dont want to die or have a really bad reaction to it so if anyone out there knows the answers to any of my questions please send a reply to this post
thanks mudcut

mudcut wrote:

i was wondering what might happen if a person were to take about 2 mills of suboxin, and then a little bit later that same day were to take about 20 mills of oxycontin? i have heard it will make someone go into withdrawls really fast, but my friend says it wont bother you, but then again i also heard that if a person were to mix suboxone and xanax, or most any kind of nerve pill it has a 73% death rate. any one know if thats true? because my friend mixes them together often and he is still alive. i am
DONT WORRY YOU CAN TAKE OXYS AFTER YOU TAKE A SUBOXONE AND U WONT GET SICK OR DIE U MAY NOT GET VERY HIGH. BUT IT DONT WORK BOTH WAYS U CANT TAKE OXYS FIRST AND THEN TAKE A SUB THE SAME DAY, IT WILL MAKE U SICK BUT U CAN TAKE A SUB AND THEN A OXY...

tAKE SUB THEN TAKE OXY YOULL BE FINE, TAKE OXY THEN TAKE SUB YOU WONT BE FINE BELIEVE ME IVE DONE ALOT OF EXPERIMENTING I NO MY sh*t ABOUT DRUGS I WOULDNT GIVE U FALSE INFORMATION AND I WOULDNT TELL U THIS IF I WASNT ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE.. YOU PROBLY WONT GET HIGH FROM THE OXY BUT IT MIGHT TAKE THE PAIN AWAY BECAUSE SUBS BLOCK THE EUPHORIA EFECT OF OTHER OPIATES BUT BELIEVE ME THE INFO I GAVE U IS COMPLETELY CORRECT I AM 100% POSITIVE. HOPE THIS HELPED U OUT BUT I GOTTA GO TO SLEEP BYE!!!!!!

I am taking suboxone right now and I agree. I have taken suboxone in the morning and methadone at night. You dont get very high but you dont get sick, it will take away the pain. about the zanax i would say its to dangerous to try. :-( 8)

Here's how it works:

Suboxone binds more strongly to your body's opiate receptors than things like Oxy. That is why it helps people to break the addiction, because the Oxy does less for them. Also, the Suboxone, because it has a stronger affinity (it binds more readily to your body's opiate receptors), will actually knock off the Oxy that is bound to it. That is why if you are not in sufficient withdrawal when you first take Sub, it will put you in to withdrawal because it knocks off the Oxy and attaches itself, but it doesn't stimulate you the same. But if you're coming from having nothing there, then it's better than nothing.

Now, the more you take Oxy's, the more your body builds up a tolerance to it. Depending on how much Suboxone you take, you may not address all of the tolerance that your body has developed, and it will crave more.

So, if you take Suboxone first, when you're in severe withdrawal, it will bind to as many receptors as it can, and you will feel better. Now, if you take a bunch of Oxy, say an 80mg pill, it will try to bind to the receptors that the Suboxone has already bound to, so it won't work. However, whatever receptors that the Suboxone hasn't bound to will be stimulated by the extra Oxy.

So, that is why you can take Sub first (if you're in withdrawal already), and then take Oxy, but not the other way around without feeling sick.

As for benzodiazepams, like Xanax, they can be taken with Suboxone, but only very carefully. I actually had my Sub Dr. prescribe me Xanax to help with the withdrawal symptoms and sleep...however, you have to wait a while after taking the Sub, and you should talk to your Dr. first, because they are technically counter indicated.

Anyway, for months I took my Subs in the morning, my Oxy's at night, and didn't get more and more hooked, like I used to, and I was weaning down and would have quit, but then I ran out of Subs.

I also took Xanax when I first started and didn't take any Oxy's, to help sleep at night and so on and so forth, but never at the same time as the Sub, only a long time after I took the Sub, like several hours.

Hope that helps.

Im sorry but anybody who is takeing oxycontin and suboxones are not serious about geting clean. It sounds to me like your still hanging with the wrong crowd.You can't contiune to hang with the same folks that you used to. And to tell you the truth you shouldn't want to. I had to get rid of some of my best friends because thet were still takeing oxy.I have to make new freinds non users because thats the only way.It will work if only you want it to.And yes you wil not fell good mixing the two. goog luck

I would have to agree with Jeff 414. If you want to continue to be dependent on other prescription drugs and have them control your life you're not ready to take Suboxone. The number reason people die from suboxone is when they use a group of medications called benzodiazepines which includes Xanax. Subozone is a CNS depressant that is prescribed for you're type of pain management needed for your person pain. If you include another CNS depressant like Xanax the chances of death are increased dramatically if you use xanax for recreational purposes and are trying to feel the high by taking more than is prescribed by you're doctor you would very well die. That is the number one reason people die when taking Suboxone, It's when they mix it with a benzodiazepine and the death rate is much higher than 73%, it's actually around 87% now. Not a good idea man. If you want real help with a real disease I would listen to others who have been through the experience and still remain clean. It sounds like you are doing that. Good work. Keep it up. Don't let drugs control your life.

I commend you for trying to be as safe as possible while trying to kick your addiction. I'm in the same spot as you and that's the reason I found your post.

I'm not about to lecture you; you probably know what you need to do. I'm just gonna say what a recovering addict told me: I've yet to see someone stay clean without some sort of recovery program or group.

Best to you! We've all watched too many people die from this... Don't let yourself be another one.

Posted: 04/02/08 - 23:34 Post subject: Re: what happens if you take suboxone, then take oxycontin a
mudcut wrote:

You are completely ass backwards!!!
if you take a suboxone then oxy, the oxy will NOT work and is completely USELESS.......
On the other hand if you use oxy then take suboxone the suboxone will start to work and you wont feel the oxy!!!!
And all this c**p about using suboxone with other opiates and it putting you into immediate withdrawals is BS!!!
I am also pissed about people coming on here to give all these scientific explanations!!(people aren't stupid we know you idiots are just copying and pasting it so you can seem somewhat intelligent for once, but its not working.) no body wants to hear it, just give them real talk for their real life problems!!
And if you really have problems GO TO A DOCTOR!!!
If you come on here for advice and take it as 100% truth you must be an id**t!!! Drugs are very serious and possibly dangerous.
Don't take advice from people who you have no idea who they are!!!
They could be a sick twisted loser who is purposely trying to hurt someone by telling them false information.
This is my first and last post I just finally got sick of reading dumb ass responses from people who think they know everything!
So basically don't believe everything you read, the only thing you should take from these sites is encouragement!!

so what happens now if ive been on suboxone for a week now and every morning i take an 8 of sub then take a half at 3 pm. what happens if i snorted an oxy at around 11 that same night. can i take my normal dose of sub the next morning or how does that work

exactly thats what I wanna know.

I havent taken any subs for almost 24 hours.

its 1pm here and I wanna snort an 80ml oxy tonight, but will it get me high? Or will it not do anything?

also I've only been on 8ml subs for 3 days

First off to Metla12...nobody needs negative advise also, if all you can say is how stupid people are then move on to a new blog!!...Everyone's chemistry and body is different..Anyway..For me and this is only my experience..I have been taking 16 mg of Suboxone for 4 weeks. It helped me so much with withdrawals from Oxycodones. After the 3rd week I got cravings and was always tired and just felt depressed. I have been seeking drug counseling and groups just about every other day. I got so sick of feeling like sh*t that one day at 8 am I took 12mg of Suboxone..After my drug counseling meeting that day, I decided to get my Oxy 30 mgs filled. Going back in forth if I should or not I took 2.... 6 hours later from the Sub dose..I had no side effects and also didnt get high but felt better then nothing. Later I took another 2 more. I felt a lil better....but NO I did not get sick at all..if reversed I would have..but for all you f**ks that need to tell me Im not serious and Im a scumbag..watever. I don't give a sh*t so dont reply cuz I will just delete and overlook you. Im on here to read about others experiences and not judge or to be judged and to share mine...So I hoped it helps sharing my experience with someone.

if you are on suboxone, arent you trying to get clean? why the hell are you missing your scheduled times to take your meds just to try and get high!??!?!?! you are wasting your time, your money, and your life if you do that kinda sh*t. just stay on your suboxone and you will do great. im on my 2nd month of it, 8mg in the am, 8mg in the pm, i feel normal. isnt that what you want?! plus, in a couple months, my doc is gonna start weaning me off the meds, and i honestly cant wait bc eventually i wont need to take anything AT ALL to feel normal, dont you want that? i just dont understand how u can skip taking something thats supposed to make you feel better, and your skipping it to snort something that can lead you down a road of frikkin disaster.
my first and last post. please, at least copy and paste FACTUAL info, someone is gonna end up dead bc they read the posts above me and believed them.

I have rx for subox. I have asked my doctor the exact question you have posted.

#1 You can take OC while you are on Subox. However, that kind of takes away from the point of getting clean (don't you think). I have to listen to enough preaching from other people myself so that will be the end of my soap box rant. But, you can take OC on Subox. The danger is that you may not feel any "buzz" because Subox blocks the receptors. It is a full antagonist. DO NOT take more and more OC because you "aren't feeling anything" or you could OD.

#2 I am on Subox and I am on prescribed Xanex. It is safe on a low dosage of Xanex. This is debatable between doctors because it can cause respiratory problems as a side effect. So you need to BE CAREFUL.

BE CAREFUL (I CAN'T SAY THAT ENOUGH)

Hope that helps.

I was looking up this thread because I am having severe teeth pain and was curious if I could take a prescribed pain med while on suboxone. I must add that I have been off all other opiates for over a year, and normally my sub doc would tell me to take a little extra sub for pain, however this is not working anymore for this type of pain. I am on about 4 mils of sub a day and for the record I have no interest in the "euphoria", this pain is quickly becoming unbearable. I have a dental apt in 3 weeks and a doctor apt this afternoon for antibiotics to rid infection before seeing the dentist. I am cuirious wether asking for something for pain would be benificial at all?

thanks for any answers!

The post on 8/19/08 titled "order of precedence" was extremely helpful to me and convinced me that I should give Suboxone a shot. I've been taking Hydrocodone and Oxycontins regularly for 6 years now and it's become way too much of a financial burden. I only started seriously taking OC about a month or two ago, but now I'm burning through an 80mg pill daily. Before that, I was taking 10+ 10mg Vicodins every day. I don't have health insurance or enough money for doctor visits, so I'm doing it on my own and relying on information from the internet....it's tough going because there's so much bogus info out there, but I can spot that stuff a mile away.

A question for anybody who has been on Suboxone - how long does it take to quit and do you have any withdrawal from the Suboxone itself? My will is pretty strong, I kicked a decade of alcoholism and I can physically stop myself from taking opiates no problem...but any time I do try I get sick to the point where I can't go to work and the only recourse is falling asleep. I can't afford to lose my job. In the past, when I've stopped taking opiates, it usually takes me a full week to start feeling normal again - after 3-4 days of absolute hell.

Thanks again