Will I ever be able to have children? I am currently on OxyContin/ oxy norm (prn) lyrica for nerve pain for serious back pain!.... and seraqil a mood stabiliser( as anti depressants made me more depressed ) I want to live a normal life...

Hi Bimbolic,

I suggest you talk to a doctor, gynecologist/OB or a fertility specialist.  You will want to know about other women on this meds or with your pain whom have gone on to get pregnant and what they did during pregnancy for pain and labor and how intense their labor was (you may opt for c-section).

I got diagnosed with depression about a month before I found out I was pregnant.  I stopped pills immediately and because I was caring for another life I got over my depression naturally and she still helps me deal with it daily, know I have her helps with almost everything.  The best thing that ever happened to me!

Good luck and hope this helps

When you take anti depressants, you usually feel twice as depressed until the drug takes hold in about 2 weeks. I have found peroxytine to be the best. Was on Seroquel but it makes you fat and lazy. Its like smoking good weed, makes you get the munchies for sugar, and really sleepy. Thats not what you want for depression, you need something to get you up and motivated. They should give Seroquel to anorexics.

I don't know about Lyrica, but I am currently taking oxycontin as prescribed from my doctor and I am currently pregnant with triplets. Doctors don't normally like to prescribe Narcotics to pregnant women but sometimes it can't be helped as in my case.I'm hesitant to post this as I don't want people getting oxicontin on the street to think that it's okay to take it while pregnant, because when it hasn't come from the pharmacy you don't know exactly what's in it and therefore could be doing huge amount of harm to her baby. However if you are taking oxycontin as prescribed by a doctor don't worry about getting pregnant. In fact I had one doctor tell me that if he had to choose between a pregnant woman taking oxycontin and a pregnant woman who chain smoked, he would take the woman with oxycontin. This is because of the risk of preterm labor from smoking and the horrible, horrible potentially lifelong consequences from preterm labor...we're talking about brain bleeds that lead to mental retardation or lungs underdeveloped that means your child has to be on oxygen tanks for the rest of their life...versus weaning a newborn off of oxy in the Nicu. remember if you are in severe pain that in itself can cause preterm labor, so finding a pain management alternative is critical. .I agree with the previous poster who suggested you speak to your doctor or fertility specialist about your concerns. If Lyrica is not safe for pregnancy they can work with you to get you on pain medication that will be safe. Don't let your pain stop you from your dream of having a family!