Hi, folks. I have been diagnosed with acoustic neuroma and my ENT specialist told me that surgery was only option. I would like to avoid that if possible. I hear that surgery brings some risks. I wonder if there is some alternative treatment for this type of tumor. Has anyone tried it?

Hello to you too. Acoustic neuroma usually appears in vestibular nerve on the place very close to acoustic nerve. Official medicine recommends surgery as a treatment option. Some people try with alternative approach. Some of them go for acupuncture. Others are more for herbal solution. I am not sure about efficiency of these methods. Even if you decide for them, consult some expert about it. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

I have an acoustic neuroma but am told by neorologist that they adopt a wait and watch policy. If it is not growing and is not already large and causing many symptoms they will monitor with scans as risks of surgery seem quite great. BANA has a lot of information. I dont want surgery. I am taking echinacae recommended by herbalist. good quality 3 x daily. Bitter apricot kernels. Lots of green tea. homeopathy. good diet. Lots of fresh air and exercise to oxygenate brain etc. Positive thought and imaging. and healing.
All the best. These are only my suggestions. Everyone is different.

Visit the Acoustic Neuroma Association Web page and forum pages. Loads of helpful people and information. I myself had an acoustic neuroma and had surgery this past year.