Hi. Well, I got in the shower earlier and I was washing myself and nothing out of the ordinary. It was when I was scrubbing with my louffa that I noticed my anus was a little itchy so I scrubbed a little harder think it was from sweat or something since I had just come back from running. I rinsed myself off and I felt a bump on my anus. When I got out I used a hand mirror to check and sure enough, there was a small itchy bump right on my anus. It isn't discolored or bleeding in anyway it doesn't hurt when I sit down but if I directly touch it it is a little tender. I have never had hemorrhoids before and don't know what it looks or feels like but I didn't know it woldn't be there one second and the next it's there. I know you sometimes get hemorrhoids from taking really hard poops and I had pooped before showering but it was by no means the hardest poop I've taken and I've been sure to add more fiber to my diet. So is it a hemorrhoid or something else? Should I be worried? If it is a small hemorrhoid will it go away on it's own or should I see a doctor?

hi. i had piles which were so bad that i had to have rubber banding ligation to help them go away. whilst it has improved very much during the day, around bedtime something seems to happen. and when i lie down in bed on my right hand side, it starts to become itchy. if i lie on my back, there is no itch, but alas, i cannot sleep in that position. i then arise from the bed and go to the shower where i use the power option to get as much pressure as i can, and hold the shower head about 2 or 3 inches from my anus and move it up and down for about 10 minutes. this has the effect of numbing the area. when drying i do not dry the anal area as that can start the itch again. so back to bed and it may itch again. i find if this happens that holding the two cheeks apart for a minute while lying in the bed helps a lot. best not to scratch it again . holding the cheeks apart will do it. i dont know how to get rid of this problem but i will have to stop eating ryvita bread with flora light and hard cheese slices on board. i must be mad to do that but i do. i hope to be able to do something about this soon. food makes all the difference i believe. but apart from the itch inconvenience, my piles have improved immensely during the day and i can now walk again in peace. but its at night that they kick in so to speak. any advice will be welcome.. cheers and good luck and the itch can come from the smallest scratch. it just goes on and on unless you go to the shower. if not you keep scratching until you conk out, but next day you will be sore around the anus as youve scratched too much and it will be painful to go to the toilet. so try not to scratch it as it is not normal scratching. it gets worse if you scratch it . its all down to food. i stopped eating mc donalds and that has helped enormously. very bad for constipation. 

Using witch hazel. Dabbing the hemorrhoids with a cotton wool ball soaked in undistilled witch hazel will also reduce swelling and pain as witch hazel is well known as one of the most effective tannin-rich herbs.