Hello to all - I have (SLE) Lupus and have experienced vaginal yeast infections for years now -I mean this has been going on for over 10 years. I s there any correlation between the two? My GYN always tells me I just have an overgrowth of bacillus cells but this just doesn't seem normal to experience vaginal discharge like this for this amount of time? Any advice is greatly appreciated-God bless. :(

I am 58 yr old female and was diagnosed 3 yrs ago with lupus. I have probably had lupus since my twenties or earlier given my past illnesses and family history. Many have lupus & arthritis. I recently switched primary care doctors. After explaining my medical history and current symptoms, my new doctor also diagnosed me with candidia. I have made many dietary changes including a yeast-free and sugar-free diet. To my amazement, I feel so much better with less muscle & joint pain. Also, I am no longer plagued with vaginal yeast infections. Please give this a try-it won't cost you a thing & you may find some relief from your illness. There is a great book my doctor recommended about the candidia and its effect on women.

Ethel

I used to suffer really bad with recurrent yeast infections and I'm 27. I have been MUCH better the past few years and now don't wear any underwear but cotton, wash my underwear in hot water (to make sure to kill any yeast cells from causing another infection), refuse antibiotics unless I absolutely have to have it for surgery or serious infection, and make sure to consume probiotics either in capsule form (health food store), as acidophilus, or in yogurt.

Reducing sugar and wearing loose breathable clothing, especially when the weather is hot is good too. Pantyhose and wearing a wet swimsuit or underwear for an extended period of time is highly linked to causing yeast infections.

I too have sle.I have always had this problem. I have also found serious side effects when using Otc treatment. Both from using latex condoms, and increased moisture. What can I do to avoid getting them so often. Aside from wearing boxers with jogging pants? Any diet I should consider. Maybe something to pull the moisture away. My histamines also rage almost daily. Hives and itchy skin. Heat and hot water as well as anxiety trigger them. Truely miserable.

What is the name of the book your doctor recommended?